Sunday, April 1, 2007

Letter from the Editor

The Notable and Newsworthy: VIP Profiles, Issue 11, April 1, 2007


Dear Readers,

This week we provide you with a little variety in respect to the “Notable and Newsworthy: VIP Profiles.” We are featuring a high powered College President from one of the nation’s highly reputable public schools. Also, we add a bit of diversity with a collection of “snip its” from the R.I.S.E. VII Conference held at the University of Dayton this past week. Both should be insightful and fun to read.

This week I had the pleasure of being able to attend the R.I.S.E. VII Conference at the University of Dayton. RISE stands for Redefining Investment Strategy Education. This conference is modeled after the World Economic Forum which takes place every year in Davos, Switzerland. As an active member in SUNY Geneseo’s new Student Managed Investment Fund (I lead an investment team), I had the opportunity to attend this increasingly popular event featuring some of the world’s top business and finance minds.

In an effort to get the most out of the conference, I recorded many of the workshops and what I learned will be featured in my part of this week’s VIP Profiles. I had the opportunity to meet some incredible people and learn much more about the investment world from their years of experience. It was truly an exciting experience. I left for the conference on Wednesday of last week and returned on Saturday evening.

On Tuesday, before the trip, I was able to listen to another exciting scholar, David Bevington. He is world renown for his work and analysis of William Shakespeare’s poetry and plays. In fact, he wrote the Shakespeare text which I am using in my Shakespeare class this semester. It was quite the week.

We hope you enjoy the slight variation to this week’s e-newsletter. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated. Keep up the good work folks and talk to you soon.

Warmly,

Joseph Norman

SUNY Geneseo ’08

Notable and Newsworthy