Sunday, May 13, 2007

Letter from the Editor

Notable and Newsworthy: VIP Profiles Issue: 17 May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day. If you forget to call your mother, pick up the phone and make it happen. She will appreciate it.

In the spirit of Mother's Day we feature a tribute to Ben's mother, Sue DeGeorge. Also, we take a step back into the Sophomore Suite with a profile of Brett Dolan, mathematician, runner, and friend. On the professional side we feature the incredibly hard-working business woman and mother, Lynn Bianco Murphy. Mother of three and managing director of an investment management firm.

Enjoy the week ahead and thank you for your continued readership.

Joseph
SUNY Geneseo '08
Notable and Newsworthy


Life and Times of JWN

I would like to take a quick minute to wish a special Happy Mother's Day to my mother, Deborah Norman (a.k.a. Mama Bear, because of her collection of Boyd's Bears).

My two brothers and I are blessed to have a loving, caring, and genuine person like Mama Bear to raise us and look out for us. I think I speak for all three of us when I say, "Mama Bear, thank you for being who you are."

Enough sappy and emotional stuff, let us move on to the fun and games. This week was front loaded with my three final obligations of the semester, an internship paper and meeting, an American Romanticism reading quiz, and a rocket science poster presentation.

In other adventures, Ben and I took a few trips to the Rochester area to interview some serious VIPs. In the meantime, I spent a significant amount of time with friends relaxing and reflecting, after the culmination of the academic postseason.

I am currently home for the week, teaching school and spending time with my family in Kirkwood, New York. T-minus eight days until I begin my Risk Management Internship at Manning and Napier.

Enjoy the week ahead and get ready to read about some exciting VIPs in the near future.

My best... ~Joseph